In Paris, France, you will find the best foods to eat, and you will also find some of the best places to eat them.
Does Paris await? While visiting the city of lights, don’t miss these 5 delicious foods!
The French culture revolves around food. The French way of eating is so unique that UNESCO declared it an Intangible Cultural Heritage in 2010!
The 5 Most Famous Food in Paris are as follows:
- Croissants- This seemingly simple treat requires time and skills to make it perfect. With its buttery splendor, the croissant symbolizes France, more than just a simple pastry. Besides escargot, croissants are available in other flavors, including chocolate pistachio, red fruit, and praline.
- Macarons- France is famous for its macarons, which are one of the most beloved pastries in France. Traditionally, macarons are elegant little sandwiches made with meringue and almond flour and filled with buttercream. Every year, new flavors and colors continue to emerge for macarons. The macaron enjoys a special day every year on March 20th. Macaron shops that participate in Macaron Day provide complimentary samples to their customers. Please save the date.
- French Onion Soup- Historically, French Onion Soup has been a national treasure in France since the 18th century, when it originated. Add caramelized onions, broth, white wine, bay leaves, and thyme to make French onion soup. The French Onion Soup, topped with whipped cream and a crouton, is a delicious appetizer or luncheon soup.
- Eclairs- Éclairs are baked oblong pastries filled with cream or crème patisserie, flavored with icing, and topped with choux pastry (the same dough used for profiteroles). The chocolate éclair is the most well-known. Eclairs are available in most French boulangeries (Bakeries in France) in the classic flavors: chocolate and coffee.
- French Cheese- In France, there are cheeses that are unique to each region. French cheese is divided into three main kinds: pressed cheeses (like British cheese), soft cheeses, such as Camembert and blue, and many unique hybrids. Bleu d’Auvergne, Reblochon, Brocciu, Munster and Maroilles are a few French cheeses that are a must-try.
Mangez bien, riez souvent, aimez beaucoup! Do try these foods when in Paris.