Yoga has a long history.
Originally from ancient India, yoga is a physical, mental, and spiritual discipline.
Yoga comes from the Sanskrit root Yuj, which means “to yoke” or “to unite.”
The goal of the practice is to bring the body, mind, and spirit together and the individual self and universal consciousness.
Poses are the foundation of yoga.
Below is a list of the ten most popular yoga poses:
- Child’s Pose- An ideal default pause position is this calming pose.
- Lotus Pose- While practicing yoga poses, such as Sun Salutations or more fast-paced Vinyasas, the Lotus Pose helps establish a steady breathing pattern.
- Downward Facing Dog- A novice posture stretches the hamstrings, calves, arms, and back while also strengthening the arms, legs, and abs.
- Cobra Pose- Extend the spine, expand the chest and lungs, firm the buttocks, and stretch the abdomen and shoulders in this famous backbend pose.
- Triangle Pose- This pose is in many different yoga forms. The thighs are the physical center of this position.
- Garland Pose- The pose stretches the lower back and opens the hips.
- Standing Forward Bend- It strengthens the thighs and knees while stretching the leg muscles.
- Bridge Pose- Taking this pose improves your spine’s flexibility and counterbalances the harmful effects of sitting too much.
- Camel Pose- With the camel pose, you stretch the muscles in the front part of your body, including your chest, abdomen, and quadriceps.
- Cat-Cow Stretch- This basic pose stimulates the brain and enhances concentration, coordination, and mental stability. If you have back problems, this pose is highly beneficial.
Is Yoga a part of your fitness routine?