“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts.” ~ Mark Twain
For many people, traveling extensively for the first time is an exhilarating but sometimes daunting experience.
Whatever the type of travel you choose, solo, with a group, or as a couple, traveling requires a lot of planning.
When you start exploring new places, you better understand the people living there, including their culture, history, and background.
The following are 15 things that you absolutely MUST do every time you travel.
- Know the Local Currency.
- Find out when regional festivals and public holidays occur.
- Learn Local Words and Phrases.
- Remember to ALWAYS take photos and videos of memorable moments.
- Take sufficient cash with you on your trip to last you the entire time.
- Make good use of public transportation.
- Try the local cuisine you might not be familiar with.
- Consider staying at multiple locations.
- Keep an eye out for scams.
- It is vital to obtain adequate travel insurance.
- Ensure that you have extra copies of your passport and any necessary documents.
- Use a map when traveling between places.
- Check the weather forecast for the season.
- Carry a first-aid kit and medications with you.
- Bring extra clothes and shoes.
What would you add to the list above?